Skip to main content

Beginner Acoustic Piano Lessons-How To Play A Glissando

Beginner Acoustic Piano Lessons-How To Play A Glissando

Glissando is a fancy way of saying that you are playing all of the notes of the white keys in quick succession. You have heard it in some of those rockabilly songs. Here is the proper way to do it. Coming down the keys, use the back of your thumb. It will hurt a little bit at first, but as you get used to it the pain stops. Coming up the other way you use the back of your middle finger.


So now that you know how to play it, where do you put it in a song? Well, you've got to feel that. It can be used anytime you are approaching a chorus, or building up to something, or really anytime you really just want to dig in there and rock out. Just be sure not to use it too often. Any embellishment that is played to often can ruin an otherwise good song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginner Acoustic Piano Lessons-How To Write A Love Song

Beginner Acoustic Piano Lessons-How To Write A Love Song I'm going to be really honest. I've actually only written one love song, for my wife when we got married. When writing loves songs, you want to remember the theme of tenderness, and the emotions that are going through you. So, how do you translate that to the piano? I kind of like the key of E flat, I think it is a pretty sounding key that is good for this type of music. When you play the E flat chord, try adding a 9th note to it (you remember your intervals don't you?). The 9th note adds a little something to the chord. Maybe try going up an octave after a while. Whatever you do, just remember to focus on creating that tenderness.

Beginner Acoustic Piano Lessons-Name That Key On Piano

Beginner Acoustic Piano Lessons-Name That Key On Piano Today we are going to play name that key. Well, we aren't really going to play a game, but I want to teach you how to figure out a key if you hear the song on the radio. Humming along with the song will help you find notes, but how do you find the key?

Beginner Acoustic Piano Lessons-Proper Hand Posture

Beginner Acoustic Piano Lessons-Proper Hand Posture In the last lesson I discussed the proper posture for sitting at the piano. In this lesson I am going to go over the proper hand posture for playing the piano. If you play for any extended amount of time, having the proper hand posture not only insures that you are playing the instrument properly, but helps to reduce fatigue.